· Work with the Farm Manager to develop a production plan to maximize revenue producing potential through the sale of the most marketable produce
· Plan and organize weekly CSA distribution with produce grown at Lynchburg Grows and by supplementing from local farmers
· Write weekly CSA email, set up and break down CSA, and see to customer needs during pickup
· Process payments and CSA membership registration
· Sell produce to local restaurants
· Help with communications at Lynchburg Grows through answering phone, scheduling tours and volunteer groups, and responding to emails.
Assist with day-to-day running of all aspects of the farm
· Ensure all employees have meaningful tasks throughout the day
· Assist Farm Manager with farm needs
· Prepare raised beds for planting
· Assist Farm Manager to ensure raised beds are well managed and on production schedule
· Work to enhance the aesthetics and orderly function of Lynchburg Grows grounds, packing shed, and work areas.
Supervision of volunteers and visitors
· Work with volunteers, school groups, and other visitors to make the farm a safe and interesting learning environment
· Give guided tours when needed
· Ensure volunteers are given task suited to their ability and understand directions for fulfilling tasks
· Ensure produce is properly washed and weighed for CSA and restaurant sales
· Oversee quality control of triple-washing of greens
· Ensure all produce is bagged or bunched at proper weight determined by CSA or Farm Manager
· Train and assist all employees on proper handling and washing of produce
Assist with Veggie Van
· Fill in as driver or volunteer as needed
· Knowledge of van route and schedule
· Assist with loading of van and ensuring volunteers have all necessary items for route
· Prepare price list for van produce
· Organize produce for van route each week
Maintain historic roses
· Work with the farm manager to oversee maintenance of all roses in Greenhouse 3
· Inspect and treat for any pests
· Harvest and sell roses weekly during growing season
· Undertake any other duties as and when required such as assisting with fundraising events and campaigns
Two years minimum farming experience
Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
Appropriate computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and some understanding of Adobe Suite.
Proven ability to work under minimum supervision and to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively.
Comfort with ambiguity, the ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities, and ability to work well under pressure.
Experience with the use of social media for marketing campaigns.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Mission-minded with a strong interest in urban agriculture, working with special needs individuals and supporting regional food systems.
Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with Board members, staff, volunteers, the general public, and donors.
Please note: Lynchburg Grows is a non-profit, public benefit 501c(3) corporation and operates as an equal opportunity employer. This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of the position.
If interested: Please e-mail your resume, cover letter (detailing relevant past experience), and 2 references to email@example.com.