Serenbe Farms is hiring a full time full time, year round Farm Field Service Manager for the 2017 season, to begin immediately.
Serenbe Farms is an intensive 10-acre USDA Certified Organic fruit, vegetable and flower farm located in Chattahoochee Hills, GA, just 30 miles south of Atlanta, GA. It is managed by Matthew Clayton, a 4th generation vegetable farmer. We grow over 50 different vegetables, fruits, flowers, and herbs We market our goods through our 100+ member Community Supported Agriculture program (CSA), farmers markets and to many talented chefs in Serenbe and Atlanta.
Looking for an experienced organic farm worker.
Positive attitude and work ethic are most important.
Team player, not a solitary job!
Farm Field Service Manager will be responsible for identifying, planning, completing and leading various tasks around the farm pertaining to infrastructure and crops.
This position reports to Manager and Assistant Manager, and leads interns and part time staff.
Housing (shared with interns from possibly February-November) is included ( as well as utilities and internet!), a small 3 bedroom 1 bath cottage just off the farm, in the beautiful Serenbe Community.
This is a great opportunity to farm directly for a community of like minded, appreciative folks. Farmers are treated like ROCK STARS in Serenbe
Comfort with speaking to groups and attending fun public events is necessary as well to the Serenbe vibe, as we are also an agritourism and education farm and host/attend many events.
Position requires a 2 day field work interview.
Our ideal candidate has:
• A GREAT attitude! And the ability to go with the flow, accept changes in daily schedules
• A serious interest in farming as a lifestyle and livelihood
• A physical and mental ability to carry out all farm related tasks
• A mind for efficiency, attention to detail, and a sense of urgency
• Open and positive communication skills
• Willingness to take initiative and take on responsibility
• Customer service experience
• Previous farm labor experience, preferably on a CSA farm
Please be sure to answer the following questions in your cover letter
1. Please tell us about yourself (hobbies, interests, long term goals, etc.).
2. Why do you want to work on a farm? How does farming fit into your future plans?
3. Do you have any gardening or farming experience?
4. What strengths would you bring to the fields of Serenbe Farms?
5. Do you have any sales experience?
6. Do you have any relevant medical conditions or physical limitations that would affect your ability to do farm work (kneeling, squatting for hours, heavy lifting, long days, etc.)?Can you carry and lift 50 lbs?
7. Have you ever conducted tours or spoken to groups?
8. Do you have any other related work experiences or skills? (examples: education, mechanics, sales, carpentry, cooking, public speaking)
9. Do you have transportation?
10. When would you be available? Any flexibility?
This position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $12.00 – $14.00
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter and resume.